As a part of standards every (RAC) database has its own listener in my projects. This week i was asked to alter the local listener to a different port to keep it similar to a specific port that I used on other database(s) in that project.
Technically this was Of course a little effort 2 be made to keep everybody happy.
I altered my listener.ora (yup still an old-fashioned kind of guy) manually and I stopped and started the listener:
srvctl start listener -l listener_mydb1 srvctl status listener -l listener_mydb1
And in the database i had altered the local_listener too to show new ports well. And of course I altered the tnsnames entry too. So I had it all covered i thought. That was only until the moment that I checked the listener for that database for its status. And much to my surprise I saw this.